Friday, May 10, 2013

Writing Routines...

Writing Routines. They can be very useful on days when you're dragging yourself out of bed, trying to wipe the sleep out of your eyes and sit down at the desk. Mine goes something like this: Shower... Tea.... Light Candle...Write...Run to Catch The Bus So I'm Not Late To Work.

But what about other creative minds? What are their routines? I was excited to run across a book the other day that explores the daily routines of famous creators. Daily Rituals: How Artists Work by Mason Curry is an anthology you won't want to miss. Andy Warhol and W. H. Auden are in here along with other Scientists, Authors and Artists. I found myself thinking about which famous routine matched specific writing friends that I know. Do I know a Warhol or a Auden? Either way, this book is worth taking a look, even if you don't have a routine and don't believe in them, it can be useful to see why they work for other people.

So for comments this week, What is your Writing Routine if you have one?

3 comments:

  1. That looks really awesome. I may have to go pick up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me of this book. I have it around here somewhere! Hm. And why haven't you posted since May? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I've been sticking my head in the sand to focus on editing my third novel, so I can be ready to query this fall. The whole going back to grad school thing didn't help much either. Hopefully, I'm starting to get the hang of it, and posts will be more frequent from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete