Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Character Blogfest #1: Interview With A Character


          It’s time for The Character Blogfest. Post #1 is an interview with a character. 
Today we’ll be interviewing Boris Traselhoff, son of the famed Evil Scientist, Dr. Traselhoff. Boris attends the Grimwood Academy for the Training of Villains. We settled down on a chaise (equipt with hidden dart system and throwing knifes of death,) to interview Boris Traselhoff about his dreams for the future.
Interviewer: What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret? 
Boris: Umm... well, I have this hobby... only Tim and my dad know about it. My dad doesn’t approve. He only tolerates it because he think it will help me with Poisons. It’s not exactly a good hobby for a villain-in-training to have. 
Interviewer: And what hobby is that?
Boris: (Pauses).... I like to bake. brownies, cupcakes, eclairs... you name it and I’ve baked it before. I don’t use sprinkles...too much. It’s, err... not something I’m proud of. No one else at school knows. Unlike Tim, I actually know to hide that I’m a weirdo.
Interviewer: What do people believe about you that is false?
Boris: You besides the fact that I watch Reality baking shows? Umm... I’m not actually German, Russian or any other nationality that is commonly associated with Mad Scientists.
Interviewer: What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why? 
Boris: Ugh, Tim doesn’t understand my view on animals. He thinks they’re redeemable. Sure, some people use them as minions, and I can understand that. But growing up with a dad who’s an evil scientist, you don’t really see animals as anything other than test subjects. But honestly, I don’t think that’s a flaw, that’s just the way it is.
Interviewer: What would you say your biggest flaw is?
Boris: Shrugs. Well, I guess it would be that I’m a fake. I go around pretending that I’m just a normal villain-in-training and not some kid that wants to meet Martha Stewart and learn how to ice a five layer cake. People can say what they want about Tim, even though he embarrasses me sometimes, at least he’s not afraid to be himself.
Interviewer: What would Tim say is your one redeeming quality?
Boris: Well, I do have good ideas. Like this time we were trying to deal with a little err, problem that Tim had, I came up with an obstacle course of death to help him.
Interviewer: What do you want most? What will you do to get it?
Boris: I want to fit in. To get it? Wow, I guess I’d do just about anything, maybe even disown my best friend.
To give a fair perspective, we decided to interview someone from the other side: a hero. We were lucky enough to get famed metropolitan superhero, Amaz-o-man, to answer some questions for us. 
Interviewer: Hello, Amaz-o-man, thank you for joining us here today. I realize with your busy schedule of saving boy scouts and banks, that it was very difficult to find time for this interview. We do appreciate it.
Amaz-o-man: Not at all. I’m here to serve the public. (smiles)
Interviewer; Well, let’s start off with the same question as Boris: What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?
Amaz-o-man: Oh I don’t have a vulnerability. I’m a superhero. That’s the first thing that you need to know about superheroes. We’re invincible and we don’t have any weaknesses. 
Interviewer: None at all?
Amaz-o-man: Well, every once in awhile, you do get a superhero who has some kind of weakness. But I don’t have any at all. Not at all.
Interviewer: Fair Enough. What do people believe about you that is false?
Amaz-o-man: That I like to kiss babies. I don’t know why people think I would like children, I just save them. I don’t really enjoy talking to them afterwards. Actually, could you not publish that? Instead we should just say that, I feel an intense duty to protect the youth of this city. Yeah, that sounds much better.
Interviewer: What would you best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?
Amaz-o-man: Well, being in my line of work, you don’t really have time to make too many friends. But it doesn’t matter, because as I mentioned, I don’t have any flaws. Not at all.
Interviewer: Well if you had friend’s what would they say is your one redeeming quality?
Amaz-o-man: I’d say that would have to be my overwhelming dedication to justice in this city. I will do whatever it takes to save the citizens of this Metropolis from the villain threat. Anything.

Interviewer: What do you want most? What will you do to get it?
Amaz-o-man: Well, I suppose that would be a day off. (Laughs uncertainly.) It’s tough fighting crime day in and out. Sometimes it feels like the villains are just never ending. They keep coming up with these terrible plots, and threatening the innocent citizens of the city. Sometimes you just want to freeze them in time. 
Interviewer: Well, that’s all the time we have today. Thanks so much for dropping by to hear this special segment on, “Heroes and Villains, the Real Story.” Stay tuned on Wednesday for Part Two of The Character Blogfest, a dialogue between two very interesting characters. 

11 comments:

  1. Alright, I love the villain baking. This is too funny. The superhero not liking children is priceless. Great voices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in a house of 5 men and is totally dominated by comic books and super heroes. You've managed to create characters I've never encountered before...they're fresh and interesting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by guys! Sorry about the delay on the post, I messed up when I scheduled the post and put it to post in the evening. And I appreciate the feedback, I think that's the most useful thing about the Blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess--I LOVE the idea of a baking villain. Boris sounds fascinating :) And I absolutely love the premise of your story. Great characters here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Boris baking! Such creative twists on the typical villain superhero dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that I like the villain-in-training more than the superhero. AWESOME JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. He doesn't seem so much like a villain to me. I keep thinking of Despicable Me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both interviews. I hope Boris gets his dream--the one about cakes, I mean. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I love it! :) Really like Boris' baking habit. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These were great interviews - very entertaining. I love the idea of a villain in training trying to hide his shameful baking obsession. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining JoLynne! I am worried about this Ashley, that he will come off as not enough of a villain....

    ReplyDelete