Sunday, February 12, 2012

The 11 Questions Game....

I was supremely tickled when I found out that blogger/writer Miranda Hardy tagged me next for the 11 question meme. It reminds me of those times in camp when you sent email questionnaires to your friends. Except ours always involved where you would be in 20 years and which celebrity you would be married to.. (it was always JTT for me.) Either way, we're taking a break from book reviews and library programs while I blab about myself.


1. If you could travel back in time, what period would you most like to see? 
 Hmmm... I love steampunk, so it would be really cool to see the Victorian period. Of course, I would probably last about 24 hours without my keyboard and ready access to a shower. 

2. What is your favorite tree? 
I love willow trees... there's a willow in one of my favorite books from when I was a kid, The Dollmaker by M.B. Goffstein. I think they have a picnic by it, so willow trees make me think of fantasy stories. 
  
3. Do you prefer the sandy beach or a cabin in the mountains?
Depends on the weather, but probably a cabin. I love cabins in the woods. Just recently, my fiance and I went up to the Shenandoah Park area and got a cabin for the weekend. It was a great break from all the wedding stress, because without internet access, you can't feel guilty about writing instead of planning your wedding. Man, I love nature. 

4. Which celebrity do you most resemble and why? 
Hmm.. Kate Winset? But maybe that's just because I'm watching, The Holiday and I too am a character that needs to get some gumption. 

5. Fill in the blank. I would never ______________________.
I would never... stop writing. I think there are a lot of different reasons to write. I write, because I have to. I write because if I stop, I get this itch where I have to create something and I turn cranky. Others may think I haven't had my coffee yet that day. But really, I just need to sit down and write. Getting published.... lol, well that's another story.

6. Coffee or Tea? 
Tea! I have stomach issues that nix large amounts of caffeine and coffee. Don't get me wrong... I would love to drink it. I worked at Starbucks for a half a year while I wrote my first novel and I love the smell of coffee... but tea is my drink of choice. Besides, all those antioxidants and stuff? I hear they're good for you.

7. A date with Brad Pitt or jumping out of a plane? 
Question: Do I get a parachute? Either way, I'm thinking I'm going to need one. Jumping out of a plane should be obvious, but going out with action star Angelina Jolie's significant other? I think I'll need a getaway car, a parachute and a body guard. So I'll go with jumping out of a plane. Sorry Brad Pitt, if you're reading this, it's nothing personal.

8. If you could donate $1,000,000 to any charity, which would it be? 
 Easy! The Heifer Project. They use money contributed to buy livestock for families in need in various countries around the world. Ever hear the saying, "give a man a fish and he eats for one day, but teach him to fish and he'll eat for a long time"?  The Heifer Project provides animals like hens, ducks and cows, that will produce food and an income for a family for a long time.

9. What is a place you've never been, but would like to visit? 
India. I love the colors in their artwork and clothing. Occasionally in high school, I was known to wear a bindi, along with my hippie broom skirts. I'd love to see Rajasthan or Southern India and the Buddhist temples. 

10. What is your favorite sweet? 
  Hmmm... I really enjoy skittles.

11. Who do you admire most (anyone alive or dead)?  
I can only choose one?! Eek. This is tough. How about Neil Gaiman? I love the Graveyard Book, Coraline and Neverwhere. He just has this way of making every story poignant and haunting. I'd love to make my writing that meaningful.

So it's time to tag the next 11 people to carry on the torch and talk about themselves for a bit. I'm including some people I've noticed in the past week during The Character Blogfest. It will be fun to hear more about you all!

Sara Abis at Cutest Landing
Bobby McDaniel at Wildly Urban
Libby, Flash Fiction Wizard
Kelley at Between The Bookends
Jolynne Lyon at Mountain Lyon Notes
Hywela Lyn 
Rena at Dr. Fairy Godmother
Clarissa Draper
Melody Wright
Angela Cothran at Live To Write... Edit When Necessary
Cassie Mae at Reading, Writing and Lovin' It

And here's some questions:

1. What food can you not stand to eat?
2. What was your favorite book as a child?
3. Which author would you like to ask 11 questions? (Dead or alive.)
4. If you were an evil villain, what would your villain name be? (Sorry, I kind of have villains on the brain right now.)
5. What toy could you not be separated from as a child?
6. If you woke up in the morning and found out it was a snow day/blizzard and you had the day off from work... what would you do?
7. What is your favorite memory?
8. If you were a kitchen utensil, what would you be and why?
9. If you could live in any painting, what would it be?
10. What do you want people to say about you when you go back to your next high school reunion?
11. You've just become a celebrity and it's time to create a breakfast cereal... what would you name it?

Excited to see the answers! 

7 comments:

  1. Oh man, love skittles! Now my mouth is watering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to visit some Buddist temples. That would be awesome. I'd also jump out of the plane, and I sure hope Brad Pitt isn't reading this. Lol

    Great answers and questions. Thanks for playing along. It's great to get to know others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE skittles. That's my 'go to' snack when I'm traveling. Thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess--you won day two of the "I'm Hearing Voices Blogfest" You can check out my blog or Cassie's blog for more info :)

    ReplyDelete