Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm Hearing Voices Character Blogfest

It's a wide, unexplored world out there on the internet, and you never know what you're going to find. While pursuing my fellow writer friend, Sara Abis' blog, The Cutest Landing, I ran into the Character Blogfest. It seems that the folks over at Reading Writing & Lovin' It and Live To Write, Edit When Necessary, have come up with a character standoff. Through a couple different blog posts, I'll be putting my characters to the test. I've decided to use characters from my Work In Progress right now, called Not Evil Enough. It's about an evil villain in training who is terrified he's turning into a superhero.

 Villains are fun characters already, but to sit them down on the couch and ask some  penetrating questions... I'm excited to see what happens. Obviously, the point is to make your characters stronger in the end. First up will be an interview between one of the villains and I... stay tuned. And feel free to head over to the hosting blogs to join in the fun of this Blogfest!

9 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm excited to learn about your villain :) And your story sounds awesome already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I am going to LOVE that character. I believe we've discussed that before. Can't wait until this is a book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I was interested in your villain, too. Fear of turning into a superhero? What a great concept, your new follower, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jess! I'm a new follower.
    I'll be back to read your villain face-off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here, too. Look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am definitely following now. I am curious to see how the villain handles this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo I love villains :) They are some of the best characters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry guys! I goofed and marked Day 1 of the Blogfest to post at 9 pm... it's up now. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun interview - and I loved that you gave us both sides!

    ReplyDelete