1. Dealing With Dragons by Patricia Wrede - A princess who is tired of cross stitch and curtseying. She decides to go off and find a dragon, so the princes will leave her alone.
2. Freak The Mighty by Rodman Philbrick - A story of two boys who together have one brain and a lot of heart.
3. Feed by M.T. Anderson - What if in the future there was a feed implanted in your head to bombard you with advertising and keep you connected to those around you. What would happen if you met someone who didn't have a feed?
4. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman - It's like The jungle book......only it's in a graveyard
5. The Trolls by Polly Horvath - The sitter begs out when she sick, so the parents in this story are forced to call an aunt they haven't spoken to for years to babysit the kids while they are on a trip.
6. Prom And Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg - A YA re-imagining of Pride and Prejudice.... if it took place in a private girl's school in modern day.
7. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones - A moving castle, wizards, witches, a hat shop, and a girl who is never expected to amount to anything, since she's the third daughter.