Sunday, July 10, 2011

Awards and Tidbits....



I was pretty surprised yesterday when I found out fellow blogger, Libby Heily has awarded me with two tasty blogger awards. Libby has some fun Flash Fiction Friday posts that I always enjoy on her blog, Libby Heily.

Luckily, this award does not require a speech, dressing up or standing for long periods of time and smiling. It's a good thing, because I'm not very good at speeches. It does however, require me to follow the Official Rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person who passed on the award.
2. Share 7 random tidbits about yourself.
3. Pass on the award to others (the number can be from 3-10) and link to their blogs.
4. Let those people know you’ve given them the award.

So here goes my tidbits:

1. I read Writer's Market in the Sixth grade during silent reading.... yes I was an odd child.

2. The kids at the library call me "Miss Jess". I like it because it's a hybrid of my teaching name (Miss Stork) and the name I used for helping out with youth group in church (Jess). And honestly, it just feels like me.

3. I have a shameless addiction to potato chips.

4. I started out freshman year in college with a major in French and a minor in Japanese, thinking I was going to be an interpreter.

5. I love the sound of the ocean.

6. I did not own a pair of jeans till the sixth grade, when I finally went out and bought a pair with my birthday money.

7. I miss the Cleveland Poetry Scene. Luckily, I have a shelf full of Daniel Thompson, Nin Andrews and Maj Raigain here with me in DC.

So for winners of this award, I'll be passing it on to:

The lovely YA ladies, Pam and Quita over at: Y (A)? Cuz We Write! They have some sensation posts on YA books.

Next is Joanna at her social conscious blog: http://joannacastlemiller.com/ Her thought-provoking posts always alert me to new perspectives on different social issues. Phenomenal.

Last is the ladies at http://penciltipswritingworkshop.blogspot.com/ They have some wonderful ideas for writing workshopping ideas. Very Practical for any teachers, and honestly, I've gotten some good ideas for myself as well.

Play if you like, skip if you don't. Happy Sunday !


2 comments:

  1. How many languages are you fluent in now? I love the tidbits!

    ReplyDelete