Friday, June 24, 2011

Some Quick Notes from the ALA Conference.

Just a quick hello from New Orleans. I'm down here for the ALA Library Conference taking in a new city, trying some new crustations and getting my Star Wars fix for the month. Fellow Librarian Lorraine and I flew in early this morning and spent the afternoon poring through the course books to see what the conference had in store for us. Finally, the exhibit hall opened up, and we dove into the treasure trove of authors and new books awaiting us. Lorraine was pleasantly surprised to find a plush version of Pete the Cat hanging out. We had to stop and take a picture.



Afterward, I stopped by the amulet booth for Tom Angleberger's signing. I made a Princess Leia bookmark to thank him for posting the directions to make Leia on the site. He gave Leia a place of honor on the page announcing the author signing. It sure beats sitting next to Jabba the Hut!




Later Darth Vadar wandered by to take a picture with the author and a Darth Paper.







Everyone who was in line got a Darth Paper. Lorraine and I were so starved after all this book exhibit rampage, that we decided to get some good New Orleans food. Darth Paper decimated an entire plate of crayfish. (Okay with a bit of help from me.) And now, it's time for bed. I have to be up at 8 am for a session on e-books.
















No comments:

Post a Comment