Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What Happened to the snow?


It's February, sunny and 60 degrees. What is wrong with this picture? Well, if you're Washington D.C., nothing. But I'm from Cleveland, the land of eight foot blizzards before breakfast. Now don't all descend upon me at once and attack, I'm not a fan of driving through snow drifts either. But I think people overlook the good points of snow. For example, during the last blizzard that happened to descend upon D.C., I was able to get a full edit done of my first novel. For three blessed days, I did nothing but eat, write and cook. (And maybe some x-box thrown in there.)

So here's my hypothesis. Snow is good for writing. When it's snowing outside, I'm not thinking of all the errands I could be outside doing, I'm at my computer writing. So don't scoff at snow, it's good writing weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment