Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When Librarians Go Bad...

Okay, so I know I’m slightly biased on this one since I work at a library. But I loved Jarrett Krosoczka’s The Lunch Lady and The League of Librarians. I mean how can you go wrong with a spork phone?


Back when I was scribbling misspelled words on notebook paper, I used to love writing wacky stories using my teachers and principals as characters. This is the story I wish I had written when I was a kid.


The evils of the Elementary School never sleep in this sequel to the first Lunch Lady and The Cyborg Teacher. Not only do they use literature in their evil plots, they use good literature. C.S. Lewis anyone? Any author that can make weapons out of novels without the use of paper cuts is genius. Krosoczka takes the hilarity to the max with his ending. Literacy has never been so good. This book is for anyone who likes cool cafeteria gadgets and witty librarian dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment